Parent Advice and Useful Links
What can I do to help?
- Get your child to school on time and every day (unless ill).
- Have a good bedtime and morning routine. Your child needs a good night's sleep.
- Make sure your child has full school uniform and a PE kit and everything else to feel organised
- Help them to do great homework, hear them read and do their tables for 10 minutes every day.
- Give them a snack of fruit or veg for school every day. Children need at least 5 portions a day.
- Talk to them for 10 minutes each day without the TV on. Listen to them too!
- Praise your child everyday! They are GREAT.
NATIONAL CURRICULUM GUIDE FOR PARENTS
If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the many web links below useful.
- Department for Education Articles and advice for children and young people.
- The School Run Interesting information about schools and the curriculum for parents
- Family Maths Activities Get better at maths for parents
- NSPCC - Keep Your Children Safe Online Help your child stay safe on social networks, apps and games.
- CEOP News and articles surrounding internet safety.
- Think U Know Great advice to keep children safe whilst using the internet.
- Action for Children Action for Children supports and speaks for the UK's most vulnerable and neglected children and young people.
- Parent View Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about your child’s school.
Families First Portal
Hertfordshire have created a resource for families called "Families First Portal".
This is a directory of organisations, services and groups in Hertfordshire that can help with problems you or your family may be facing, before things might get worse. This is known as 'Early Help'. There is advice and guidance on a range of issues and local and national support services, many of which are free for families to access.
You may not want or need to ask for help from a professional and there's lots of support you can find yourself by looking on the portal.