Parent Advice and Useful Links
What can I do to help?
- Get your child to school on time and every day (unless ill).
- Have a good bedtime and morning routine. Your child needs a good night's sleep.
- Make sure your child has full school uniform and a PE kit and everything else to feel organised
- Help them to do great homework, hear them read and do their tables for 10 minutes every day.
- Give them a snack of fruit or veg for school every day. Children need at least 5 portions a day.
- Talk to them for 10 minutes each day without the TV on. Listen to them too!
- Praise your child everyday! They are GREAT.
NATIONAL CURRICULUM GUIDE FOR PARENTS
If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the many web links below useful.
- Department for Education Articles and advice for children and young people.
- The School Run Interesting information about schools and the curriculum for parents
- Family Maths Activities Get better at maths for parents
- NSPCC - Keep Your Children Safe Online Help your child stay safe on social networks, apps and games.
- CEOP News and articles surrounding internet safety.
- Think U Know Great advice to keep children safe whilst using the internet.
- Action for Children Action for Children supports and speaks for the UK's most vulnerable and neglected children and young people.
- Parent View Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about your child’s school.
- Jolly Learning - How to pronounce phonemes correctly.