Reception Admissions 2024
Welcome to Harpenden Academy
Harpenden Academy is a single form entry school with education, inclusivity and nurture at its core. We pride ourselves on being a school which educates “hearts and minds” but also that our dedicated team of teachers, teaching assistants, office staff and wrap around care staff always go the extra mile for our children and families. We are a small school, foster on values dear to us- we believe you will feel there is a place for you here at our school.
There's nothing like first hand experience to give you the insight you need when choosing your child's school. At Harpenden Academy we are holding tours during the Autumn term to give prospective parents the opportunity to visit the school and see us in action.
We are pleased to confirm that we have published the dates for the school tours for any new Reception parents with children starting school in September 2024. Each tour will take an hour. To offer parents a personal tour we limit our tours to 10 people max.
You will have the opportunity to see the classes and the event will be hosted by our Headteacher, Mrs Davies and our EYFS Teacher, Mrs Withers.
|Wednesday, 1st November 2023, 9.15am-10.15am
|Tuesday, 7th November 2023, 1.45pm-2.45pm
|Thursday, 9th November 2023, 9.15am-10.15am
|Tuesday, 14th November 2023, 9.15am-10.15am
|Tuesday, 21st November 2023, 9.15am-10.15am
|Wednesday, 29th November 2023, 9.15am-10.15am
|Monday, 4th December 2023, 1.45pm-2.45pm
|Wednesday, 6th December 2023, 1.45pm-2.45pm
|Monday, 11th December 2023, 1.45pm-2.45pm
|Wednesday, 13th December, 9.15am-10.15am
|Tuesday, 9th January 2024, 1.45pm-2.45pm
|Wednesday, 11th January 2024, 9.15am-10.15am
At Harpenden Academy we have:
- A dedicated team of experienced teachers who go above and beyond to create outstanding learning opportunities.
- Well-constructed learning opportunities through interactive experiences, and school trips and residentials making learning memorable and fun!
- A curriculum that is varied, exciting and creative which is underpinned by rigour and academic results. It allows children to be fully absorbed into their learning and make links between subjects, topics and themes.
- We nurture and care for our children very well and have designed a curriculum with drivers to stretch our children's abilities but to also support them in specific areas.
- Families from many parts of the world, speaking many languages, with a diversity of cultural, religious, historical and geographical experience. We aim to ensure that our curriculum draws on all this richness.
- A greater the variety of activities children experience, the better they do in all subjects across the curriculum. A child who is encouraged to develop confidence and self-expression will clearly be one who is better equipped to learn generally. We believe in educating the whole child.
- Varied extra-curricular activities covering a multitude of sports, dance, languages and musical instruments.
- A full sporting involvement including football, netball, cross county, athletics and rounders.
- Full wrap around care which opens at 7.15am to 6.15pm (Monday to Thursday) and 7.15am- 5.15pm Fridays only. These times plus the very close proximity to the train station makes it ideal for many working parents.
- A strong and proactive parent body called Friends of Harpenden Academy- FoHA- who support the school and all its endeavours massively.
From September 2011 all primary schools must offer children a full-time place at the start of the September term. However, legally children do not have to be in full-time education until the term after their 5th birthday. Delaying your child’s entry into school is called ‘deferred entry’. You can request this, but your child must start before the end of the school year during which they turn 5. The expectation is all those starting in September will attend full days but if you are a parent of a summer born child and have concerns over full school days please talk to us.
We hope to welcome you to our school soon